Thursday, January 31, 2008

National Wear Red Day is Feb. 1st

I was just sorting through my two days worth of mail today and saw a little brochure ad from Macy's talking about a National Wear Red Day Sale on Friday.

I found out that tomorrow, Friday, Februaury 1st, 2008 is National Wear Red Day. This is part of the Go Red For Women movement by the American Heart Association in its fight against heart disease, said to be the #1 killer of women in America.

So how can we support this movement? You, me, or anyone can- by simply wearing red.

For details on the Go Red For Women Movement and other ways to support, go to:

http://www.goredforwomen.org/index.aspx


And oh, if you wear red at any Macy's store tomorrow, you will receive All-Day savings pass for 15% off apparel and accessories. Now if you choose not to wear red, just go to their Accessories Department, make a $2 donation and receive a Red Dress Pin and All-Day Shopping Pass! Now, how cool is that? :)

Hmmm, I might check it out tomorrow. I'll wear my favorite red top and my red lip gloss. ;)

3 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm going to have to find something red to wear tomorrow.

Kristi said...

I just heard about it this morning on the today show. I will definitely wear red today.

Carrie said...

Looks like I am going to be wearing red today...

I am tagging you with a how well do you know your friend meme.

have fun
carrie