Friday, March 14, 2008

Diamonds in Oysters?

What kind of girl wouldn't like diamonds? :)

I know I love diamonds. I own a few, but wish I have more. Well, what if one day I find an oyster and open it to find instead of a pearl, a big sparkling diamond! Wow, only in my dreams I guess, LOL. Don't get me wrong, I like pearls too but I will choose diamonds over pearls anytime.

So here's this website called BeOysterAware.com. Here's a short description of what the site is all about:

Millions of people LOVE to eat oysters. Whether you eat them in moderation or by the dozen, these delightful mollusks provide a low calorie protein(1) that are an excellent source of zinc, vitamin B-12, and omega-3 fatty acids.(2)

While not a serious threat to healthy individuals, consumption of raw or undercooked oysters by at-risk individuals may cause serious illness or even death from Vibrio vulnificus bacteria. If you have liver disease, diabetes or a weak immune system, you should avoid raw oysters.

Without question, there is an overwhelming need to inform at-risk oyster consumers about the potential hazard associated with eating raw oysters(3). As such, this website is dedicated to educating the oyster consuming public. It provides a thorough background on Vibrio vulnificus and the health conditions that place an individual in the at-risk category, as well as present tasty oyster products with reduced risk for all consumers to enjoy, including at-risk consumers. So, eat your savory oyster treats raw, steamed, fried, charbroiled, grilled….whatever your appetite desires, just BE OYSTER AWARE!


So all you folks who love Gulf oysters and any kind of oysters out there, check out this website. It's very educational and very helpful with anything oysters!

1 Comment:

Green Mommy said...

Thanks for coming by my Blog Party! We did a random drawing for the Eggling Flower using random.org and unfortunately your name was not chosen. But fear not, there are plenty more giveaways going on at Green Mommy Guide (www.greenmommyguide.com) that you are automatically entered for when you sign up for our monthly email newsletter. (Oh, and starting in April, we’ll be adding a new fabulous giveaway every week, so be sure to check back!).

I’m a spam hater, so don’t worry- if you don’t sign up for the email list, this is the last you’ll hear from me. I just wanted to say that this is my first Blog Party and I had a wonderful time meeting such wonderful women and seeing all of your fantastic writing. Stay in touch!

Sincerely,
Suzanne Istvan