Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Not-So-New Phone

About two years ago, my techie nurse sister gave me this cool Nokia N90 phone. If you haven't seen this kind of phone before, it's got one of those 5 megapixels rotating video camera phones with lots of features that you don't find in regular Nokia phones. See the interactive demo for this phone from here: http://www.nokiausa.com/A4410923

I probably used it for a couple months after she gave it to me but being the 'non-techie' that I am, I switched back to my good old basic Nokia phone- one that I was already familiar with using. Needless to say, I was intimidated using it that it sat in my desk drawer for more than a year.

Recently, I thought about the poor phone and decided to use it again. But before I could use it again, I ran into a problem getting it to work. So I took it to my cellphone provider to have them see it to see what was wrong. I was worried the phone might have just totally given up for non-use. The girl told me it's probably just a matter of changing the battery. I asked her how much the battery for this phone was, and she told me they don't have it and that I can order it online for about $25. Oh well, since I've gotten into Ebay shopping, I went and searched it on Ebay and mind you, the battery was only for like $3 plus I paid like another $3, so really it only cost me $6 total! So I said okay, why not? It's that cheap. I can afford that. So to cut my ramblings short, I have my phone to work again. I think I'm going to stick with it now, since my other phone is totally messed up now. My not-so-new phone even got a nice ring tone in it, by a popular Filipino band River Maya that my sister downloaded before. The song was one of my favorites from years back so it's really cool.

1 Comment:

Petula said...

Very cool! It's always fun to pull out something old that's kind of something new!

BTW: I have you on my "favorites list" and was wondering if you would add me to your blogroll! :-)Thanks!