Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Got Carded..(well, almost!)

Tonight my husband and I decided to go out grab a bite and then head to the grocery store with our boys. I originally just wanted to go out by myself to give me a little "time out". My mind is set into going to the Barnes and Noble down the street (3 minutes away) and grab me a good new book to read. But my husband wanted to go out as a family, so the kids can also play at the little fountain playground just outside the bookstore.

So off we went to the bookstore. While I was inside the bookstore my husband let my kids out of the stroller to walk around the nice little park at the shopping strip. Gabriel my toddler had fun playing with the other kids in the little fountain playground. After about an hour, we headed for the next door Mexican restaurant for dinner. While we were ordering food, I decided I want to get a Mojito (Mexican beer) to go with my beef fajita platter. Then the cashier who took our orders looked at me, then stopped for a bit to talk to her coworker in Spanish, which I didn't understand. My husband understood a bit of their conversation and so I asked him what it was about. He told me the girl was asking her coworker if she should ask me for my ID. I smiled back at her and said, "Believe me. You don't wanna know how old I am!".

Gosh, I'm going to be 38 in December. But I guess it's flattering to know some people still look at me like I'm only 17 years old. LOL, I wish! I thought that was funny.

3 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

That is so cool! I wanna be carded, the last time I was asked for ID I was 21. :o(

**"Liza"** said...

heheh that is funny well that simply mean your looks young still..;) naks! Anyway I have tag for you..;)

razz said...

LOL!! That is funny, I wish I could have seen your face when asked!! Anywyas age is just a number, as long as you are young at heart is all that matters right?


take care:)