Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mixed Emotions

This morning, my two little monkeys left for Los Angeles (California) with their dad for a short two-week vacation to visit their dad's relatives. I was telling a few friends that I've been having separation anxiety over this. My boys have never left my side for this long since both of them were born. So last night while I was putting them to bed, I held both of them tight and had my mommy moment- a pang of sadness just hit me and I cried. Ugh.


I had to remind myself that this is going to be good for me and a chance to take a break being a mother and full-time caregiver to my boys. I'm sad that I won't see them for two weeks, but I just had to think that they will be alright and they will have fun where they're going.

As for me, I am taking a real break. This coming Tuesday, my wonderful and sweet boyfriend Dan is taking me and his twelve year old son Jordan to New York City for a few days. We're staying in a nice hotel within walking distance to Manhattan and all that is NYC. We'll roam around, do some shopping, maybe even go see some fun broadway show or something. The week after that, if everything fans out well as far as the scheduling and travel expenses- me and Dan will go to Colorado to experience the Western-themed four-day Epic Summer adventure getaway that I won from Mom Central. Hurray for me on that! ;)

So yeah, I guess I will be very busy the whole two weeks my adorable monkeys are gone. But right now, I admit I do have mixed emotions- a little sadness about not seeing them while they're gone, excitement over the trips to NYC and Colorado, and the feeling of relief for having two weeks of "me time".

Anyway, I am going to go get my nails done today and go check out the heart pendant jewelry I've been eyeing for some time- the start of my sweet two weeks of "ME time" ahead. I just have to look at it this way and hope that I will be happier than sad. :)

6 Comments:

More Than Words said...

Hi Jocelyn! That must be hard, but yes, they are in good hands. They are with their daddy!!

Enjoy your "me time." Those two weeks will fly by!

readingsully2 said...

I know it is hard but it is good that you also have some exciting plans of your own. Have fun.

Unknown said...

Thank you, ladies for such warm words of encouragement. The first week is over and before I'll even notice it, my cuties will be here with me again! :)

Petula said...

Two weeks of me time? That sounds amazing to me. Relish the moment. Of course you will miss them, but like you said this is good for you and them. Enjoy yourself.

Together We Save said...

I you are handling your 2 weeks ok. They are about over and your boys will be home again.

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I wanted to leave a comment for you because I've really enjoyed having a nose around your site. You have great pictures and you write really well too.

Thank you for sharing and best wishes, have a lovely weekend