Thursday, November 29, 2007

One of my babies is sick...

Today's a little rough. My toddler's babysitter called me mid-morning while I was at work to tell me my baby had fever. His temperature was 102 degrees and was really crying a lot. I thought when I dropped him this morning, he felt warm and his eyes were starting to look watery. In fact, he was crying when he woke up but I thought it was just one of those 'waking up' cries. I should have known better.

Anyways, so naturally I was very worried. This is the first time it happened since I went back to working full-time. My first instinct is to call my husband who told me he has just gotten to his office. I had to ask him to see if he could leave work early and pick up my toddler and take him to the doctor. I was happy he could do that. I called him at my lunch break today and he told me my baby was sleeping in the bedroom. I had asked the babysitter to give him a little Tylenol to help a bit with the fever. That probably had made him drowsy. So at 3pm today my son's pediatrician will see him. Sigh of relief. Hopefully he will be better tonight. If not, I may have to take off work to take care of him tomorrow.

My infant is doing fine, thank God. He's having a little coughing here and there but he seems okay. Ugh! These are the times when you don't want to be away from your kids. Oh well...just venting a bit. I'm fine though. :)

6 Comments:

**"Liza"** said...

ohh That the main thing I dont like whe my boys are sick and Im at work. anyway did you get my e-mail? I dont know your much about your place..hindi ko kasi kabisado, know a great place pero sa dallas area with is quite far from you all. I plan to do it na lang sa bahay nyo..if you put up your christmas decoration and stuff we can work the setting so it will look good for the photos. I think its a good idea since mas comfortable pag sa bahay nyo di ba?what do you think?

Mom Knows Everything said...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than a sick child. Take care of you both!

Carrie said...

Hope your baby is feeling better
:0) It's always hard to see you children sick but even harder when you are back to work.

take care of you and your little ones
carrie

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies. My toddler is still having a fever. He felt better today though, but thi evening his temperature went up again. The doctor told us the fever just has to take its own course. MIght last around 2-3 days, this is the second day. Hopefully this weekend he'll definitely be feeling well.

Carrie said...

I have an award for you! this one's from me :0)

carrie

Lindy said...

Sorry to hear your little guy has been sick - that's rough! Hope he's feeling lots better now!