Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last New Year's Eve...

So my husband and I decided to host a little Christmas Eve dinner party at the house. It started around 7PM.

It was nice, warm, and laid-back. A few friends came over and the menu consisted of glazed ham, green bean casserole, mashed cheesy poatatoes and yam, pancit bihon (thin Asian noodles made with shredded chicken and vegetables), lumpiang shanghai (fried meat spring rolls), and chocolate pecan pies. We had warm apple cider, eggnog, and red wine for drinks. My friend Jenny also brought a few desserts, so we had a lot of food at the party.

I had Christmas candles all lit up all over the house- the dining room table, the living room, by the fireplace, and the kitchen counters. We had the fire by the fireplace and the tall Christmas tree were twinkling with multi-light colors. The house felt warm, cozy, and inviting.

The last part of the evening was spent giving away gifts to the kids and adults. My friends and I did not talk about exchanging gifts but everyone seemed to have brought a little something for one another. It was some sort of a mutual understanding on each one. ;)

My husband and I were happy we could share a nice Christmas at home with friends. It was almost midnight when the guests have left.

3 Comments:

crib notes said...

Sounds fun! Enjoyed reading your blog. Happy New Year.


www.newmomsclub.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

What a wonderful time!! Sounds absolutely delightful!

jenn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. It's always comforting to ring in the new year with family and friends.