Friday, May 16, 2008

Say "Thank You"!


My toddler Gabriel really starts to talk a lot now. His speech therapist came by today and told me all the progress he's making. Anyways, here are some things he's really good at right now: he can say the alphabet from A to Z, count from 1 to 30, knows his basic shapes, basic colors, and can now say phrases like "socks and shoes" for when he wants to wear them, ask for "milk" when he wants it, or say "no" and "yes", "thank you" and "you're welcome", among others.

Anyways, I read about an article about the importance of teaching your child to say "thank you". One of the many ways you can teach your child to say "thank you" is by integrating art with it and bring out your child's creativity- like drawing his favorite person on a card and spell the words "thank you" and give it to that favorite person afterwards. Gabriel loves to draw so this is such a great idea!

Which also reminds me, now that I'm talking about saying "thank you", that I need to get some new "thank you cards". My little Jaden had a birthday recently and I still haven't gotten around to sending Thank you cards for our family and friends who had sent us greetings and presents. It looks like I might look into CardsDirect.com. I like that I am able to personalize my cards as well as put my return addresses on the envelopes.

I like the design pictured on this post- simple and lively.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That's wonderful!

Way to go Gabriel!

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's great he's doing so well with his talking!

Dette said...

He's sounds like he's doing awesome!!

I was trying to figure out what to do for thank you cards for Jacob's pirate party - something with the theme but something simple. We found a pirate site with activities, and copied a cool maze in the shape of the pirate and printed it on parchment paper with a personalized note.

Jacob signed each one by hand - and the kids loved them. I couldn't believe it - the easiest ones we ever made!

That card direct sounds interesting, though - will have to check that out!