Friday, October 17, 2008

Back to the Gym

I am really excited that I get to go back to the gym and work out. Last Tuesday, we signed up for a new gym membership at the local gym right down the street from our apartment.

The gym is really nice and fully equipped with all kinds of exercise machines you can think of. They got a hot sauna, exercise rooms with free classes, even a hair salon. Most of all, they got a great daycare where I can leave my kiddos while I'm exercising.

So last Wednesday was the first day I went. Then yesterday, I met with a personal trainor named Christine. She was really nice and very helpful. I felt more motivated to get really fit. This morning, I woke up a little sore in the lower leg and hip area but it felt good. It made me remember back when I was in high school and tried to get into the girls' football team. My, I was very sore from the waist down right after a few football practice. I found out from our family doctor later that I could't play football because I had a mild anemia and I could get dizzy doing strenuous activities- including playing football. I was of course, very disappointed. I swear I was always feeling jealous whenever the team won and awarded football trophies. I could have been part of those victories. But oh well...

Anyway, I'm very excited about going back to the gym I couldn't help but write about it.

2 Comments:

Sandra Carvalho said...

Can I go along??
Maybe with your company I'd feel more motivated to work out! ;)
Good for you you're doing it.
xoxo

Kristi said...

I congratulate you for getting into the swing of things. I wish I could. I had to go private for awhile so I hope you will email me so I can add you to my invites.