Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paella

In the Philippines, we inherited a lot of the Spanish practices and traditions, even some of the languages we use everyday. One of the areas that was heavily influenced by the Spanish was our cooking.


When my mom was alive, she used to make paella- a Spanish dish that's made of white rice, meat, seafood, beans and vegetables. I love this dish! Reminds me a lot of our family get-togethers when everyone is gathered at our huge table and just eat, drink, and laugh- no care in the world how we all eat. LOL.

Now as an adult, I have not really tried making paella myself although I have always dreamed of cooking up a big pot one day. I am still eyeing this one paella pan I saw online that I want to get eventually. Believe it or not, buying something for a specific personal project gets me going. So, who knows one of these days I could really make my own paella dish? :D

3 Comments:

Petula said...

I've never had that although I've heard of it. I bet it's good.

Sandra Carvalho said...

That paella looks yummy!!!
Love paella!
xoxo

The Joynes Girls said...

So, I was thinking about skipping lunch. Then I saw this picture. I LOVE paella. Yum!