Thursday, October 23, 2008

Venturing Out

Having just moved to a totally new place is quite a strange feeling. I've been here in Woodbridge, Virginia for almost four weeks now and I am still trying to acquaint myself with everything around me. It's actually a nice, laidback place and most people I've come across here are friendly.

I don't know too many places around where we live yet but I'm proud to say I now know where my favorite grocery store, mall, bank, and gym (to work out) and know at least ten main roads that I usually take when I drive around the area. Every week I try and drive around with my boys, venturing out to new places like little parks, playgrounds, stores, etcetera. Like yesterday, we visited a cool pet store to show my boys around. It was funny that they liked looking at some gross-looking snakes and tiny rats, while I "aacck" at the sight. I instead contained myself with checking out the pet beds they have, thinking I might give one to a friend as a gift for her cute pet dog. (LOL).

Anyway, my boys didn't want to leave the pet store yet, but since I am not a big pet person myself I couldn't stay too long.

But when you're new to a place, you just feel a little awkward at first. The main thing I think, is to go out, do something, and make things fun. I think it's all about the attitude too. I've actually started making new friends since I came here, so that is an added bonus.

1 Comment:

Mom Knows Everything said...

My kids love going to pet stores. We don't go very often because it's so hard to get them out of there. LOL