Friday, December 12, 2008

A Day at the Daycare

So the past few days I have been checking out a few daycare places for my little boys since I am going to start a new full-time job outside of home come Monday. I rounded the list down to two and finally today, I made a decision and enrolled my love pies to the one next to the gym where I am enrolled at.

Not only that this daycare will help with my fitness goals, I also liked it because compared to the other place, it's much cleaner and more spacious-- lots of rooms for my boys to play at and run around! The kids there also look clean and each room is not as crowded with kids as the other place. The staff are also very friendly and seem like they know what they're doing. I also looked at the daily school activities and was impressed enough that I finally said to myself, "Okay, Jocelyn. You just need to pick one you really like and feel good about and go for it!". So that's what I did and chose this place and finally enrolled my boys there this afternoon.

We stayed for a little bit to give my boys a chance to play with the other kids there and get a feel for the place. So far they were fine and actually enjoyed themselves while we were there.

So I turned over all my paperwork for the enrollment and asked the school director for a list of things I need to bring for my boys. I was surprised they didn't need a lot. I felt really relieved that I found a place I can be comfortable with leaving my kids while I go back to work. I know it will be a little tough for me and my boys the first couple of weeks, but we will all get through it.

6 Comments:

Petula said...

It's always a good feeling when you find somewhere you like your children to be. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new J-O-B.. It' must be hard on you to leave the kiddos at the day care for the first time ha...Well, I've been there and done that. Right after I drop my son off to the daycare the first time, girl, I cried same thing the first time we drop him off to school... Hey but it's all worth it. Your are doing something good for your self and your career and at the same time they get to mingle with other kids... Right!!! Good luck and I love you my friend.

Nicole Orriƫns said...

It's great that you've found a daycare place that feels good. I think that's so important. Otherwise it's hard to concentrate on your job.

Frogs in my formula said...

Going back to work can be hard but when everyone says it gets easier, they are telling the truth. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hey congratulations!

I know it'll be hard for you and boys but you'll get through it. It's harder at first. I wish I could stay home but the economy, second paycheck in the house is really needed.

Don't forget to take care of yourself though.

Sandra Carvalho said...

Good for you girl!
What a wonderful way to start a new year!Congrats my dear friend! ;)
xoxo