Thursday, December 11, 2008

Knock, Knock

Don't you just get annoyed when you hear loud knocks on your door thinking it's the Fedex or UPS guy so you run to it only to open it for someone from a religious sect or someone promoting a new business on the block and you have to hear a ten-minute sales pitch?

Gosh, I mean.. can't they just leave a sticky on your door post with their name and number in it? Seriously. I prefer that than having to stop what I'm doing and having to open the door for them when I don't need to. I mean, I'm a big freebie fan so I actually won't mind if they're going to make me open my door and they hand me out free promotional products that I can really use. But handing me out a religious pamphlet or having to listen to some memorized sales pitch...come on, ya people! :)

How about you? Do you mind...???

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

I had that happened before and I learned my lesson. Now I look through the glass and see who it is. And if it is someone that looks like a salesperson or from a religious sect, I won't open the door.

Petula said...

No, I don't like that either. I get excited thinking it's UPS or FedEx or even the mail carrier with something that's too big to fit in my box. That's a good idea: Just leave a sticky note.

Sandra Carvalho said...

Yeah...I know the feeling!!!
I live in a flat so it gets even worst than that!I also have people ringing to open up the door just cause they seem not to be able to find their own keys!....
xoxoxo

Vanessa said...

Oh yes I mind! They really should find some other way of reaching out to others. And here in our neighborhood they do it on early Saturday or Sunday mornings -- so there is no sleeping in late sometimes. Ugh, I hate that!