Friday, June 26, 2009

So Long, Michael and Farrah...

I was driving out to meet Dan for lunch today and my car radio was playing nothing but Michael Jackson's music. Gosh, I am a big fan of MJ. I must have cried for straight five minutes in my car while good old all-time MJ hit "Billie Jean" was played.

I mean who doesn't know Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett- two of the biggest American icons in the music and film industry? Ask me about Michael Jackson and I can probably name all his songs 99% of the time. And Farrah Fawcett? Wow! I am definitely a Charlie's Angels kid in the 80's when this hit TV show was at its prime. I remember my four sisters and I would pretend we were one of the "Angels". No, I wasn't Farrah Fawcett. I was Cheryl Ladd, LOL. HINT: Can you tell my age? LOL. :)

Anyway, like everyone else, I am so saddened by the passing of these two great artists. And they died on the same day (yesterday, June 25th, 2009) only a few hours of each other.

So long, Michael and Farrah... you both will be so missed.

3 Comments:

Jaime Haney said...

it was a sad day and a great loss indeed. I too am a child of the 70's and 80's. Grew up with Charley's Angels and was a MJ fan. Still am. He was a great musician and entertainer.

readingsully2 said...

It was a sad day.

For me Farrah was worse for me. I admired her strength and her grit in her fight to live. I also think she was a nice person. I found it sad that her only son is in prison for drugs.

With Michael it was more sad that a man with such a fabulous talent and impact on the music industry just fell apart in his later life. There is not a lot to look up to except his fabulous talent.

Unknown said...

Jaime, yes I agree about MJ. I am still a big fan and I love all his music. Now that I think about it, I might be one of those going to the record store and buy his greatest hits album, LOL. :)

Readingsully2, I did not know that about Farrah's only son..wow, that is just so sad. I wonder if he could make it to her funeral? Tsk, tsk... :(