Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birth Control Pills To Help With Acne?

I was reading up a bit on hormonal acne and it was interesting how it mostly affects women. The article stated that hormonal acne is seen mostly in women due to the natural cycles a woman goes through, such as menstruation, pregnancy and menopause. Because of this, doctors sometimes prescribe low-dose birth control pills and/or androgen receptor blockers to reduce blemishes by keeping androgens steady.

Wow. That makes me more motivated to see my Ob-Gyne tomorrow. I guess I need the right birth control pills to help with my skin breakouts. :)

1 Comment:

readingsully2 said...

I have been having problems with Rosacea which at the second level you have small pimples break out. After researching on ny own because medicine was not helping I found that Lysine an amino acid not produced in the body on its own is wonderful for skin. I just started taking it, so I will let you know in a few days if it is helping.