Saturday, February 27, 2010

Courageous Performance


If you've been watching the Vancouver Winter Olympics like I do, you've probably heard about Joannie Rochette- the Canadian ice figure skater whose mother died just a few days before her big performance on ice. Oh, how I cried when the news feature was showing her skating while her heart was grieving for her mother. What a courageous performance, indeed! She did very well and everyone said that her mother was there watching her the whole time she was performing. She won the Bronze medal and became the first Canadian woman to win an Olympic figure skating medal in 22 years!

So hopefully Joannie has so many people who surround her and help her through her grief. And I'm sure someone is there to take care of the funeral cost for her mother too.

To Joannie, you are a courageous woman- a model for everyone not only to Canadians! :)

3 Comments:

readingsully2 said...

You are making me cry, Jocelyn. :)

Anonymous said...

That was really moving! Great blog! Hey I was wondering if you'd be interested in featuring my blog this week, because I'm doing a great giveaway thanks to the folks over at Boo Boo and Norm. They make things for the modern mama and have been generous enough to give away a knitted cap! Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://licentstosave.blogspot.com/2010/02/really-great-giveaway_27.html

Unknown said...

http://www.studioflorist.com
Thank you very much for the Tips with fresh flowers presented on your site! I did as it is written there and the flowers that my beloved presented me are still alive! And besides now I know the meaning of all the flowers! And I am even thinking of becoming a florist myself! Thank you, studioflorist.com!