Wednesday, October 17, 2007

5 Things About Me

I have been tagged by Carrie from Rantings of a Woman to do a "5 things about me" meme! So here it goes.....hope it helps you get to know a little bit about me, LOL.

1. I am currently taking an online Medical Billing and Coding course, but have been too busy with other things and too distracted with the kids that I don't know if I'm ever going to finish it. Good thing the course admin allows me to ask them for extension. I enrolled in May this year, and so far I've only done one module and now in the middle of the second one. Still have like 15 modules to go and the current dealine is in February..so ugh! I don't know. So that's one of my worries right now. :(

2. I am actively looking for a full-time, away from home job right now. Yes, I think I'm ready to go back into the workforce! :) Besides Education (been an elementary school teacher in the Philippines for 6 years before coming to the US nine years ago), my background is in the health insurance industry. Most likely when I accept a new full-time job, it will be in that industry.

3. I organize a very active Filipino-American moms group where I live which also keeps me busy (besides blogging and doing GPT's online to make money) all the time. We are at 42 members currently and growing. I love my group. It is a source of inspiration for me and helps me to get out of the house and socialize, instead of being in the computer all the time. ;)

4. I love writing and I currently write for Associated Content when I can. What's best, they pay me for doing what I love-- writing! Besides the upfront payment when my articles get published, I continue earning bonuses when people click and read them. Isn't that great? So anyways, I've been slacking off in this department so I will definitely be writing again very soon. So if you want to help me out, please read my articles. ;)

5. My husband and I's first date was at Starbucks coffee close to my apartment in Houston back in November of 2001. We got married in November 2003, and we will be celebrating our 4th Year Wedding Anniversary this coming November 23rd. I can say, our marriage is not perfect and has gone through a few 'rocky' roads, but we're still here and we keep going. We both realize we have a beautiful family, our kids need both of us, and we want to create a nice, wonderful home for them. :)

Okay, so that should do it! LOL...

I'm passing this on to my 3 blogger friends:

1. Mzaprille, of It's All About Me
2. Dana, of WAHM Blog
3. Ana, of Filipina Isle

Have a nice Wednesday morning, everyone! Gosh, gotta go to bed now.. it's now almost 4 AM! Wow, I never stay up this late (very, very rarely). I got carried away with this meme, that's why! LOL

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

hey girl thanks for tagging me. im gonna do this asap..i think your group sounds really cool! and pretty brave to put your realationship info out there!!! get some sleep1

Carrie said...

Thanks for doing the Meme...I think they are fun! I will take a look and read your articles and since your brave enough to tell about your relationship then I will share with you. We are on the rocks also...where did the love go? We get along great...more like best friends and the kids are happy but we just seem to be lacking the love for each other and my husband just won't listen to my concerns? He thinks just because I will talk to him and I laugh with the kids that everything is fine...

best of luck and hang in there :0)
your friend
carrie

Unknown said...

Thanks, you two! :)
I know..I'm usually the type who keeps my problems to myself. I mean, lately I've been open about it to my close friends. I mean, what's to deny? I am trying everyday. That's all I can say.
Thank you for sharing yors too, Carrie..and you are brave to say that too. Hang in there, friend. You're not alone. ;)

Mom Knows Everything said...

One of my sisters is a medical secretary and she also does the billing for a couple other doctors as well. She makes good money, but is constantly working.

Carrie said...

If you are interested Jocely I have another tag for you...
Why We Blog? This one can help bring traffic to your site :0)

Unknown said...

Hi tammy, I know..I have friends too who makes this as a home business and makes some pretty good living off of it. I have a background on the health insurance and that's why I was inspired to get more eduacted on it. :)
Carrie, thanks for tagging me again..will surely work on it by tomorrow..promise! My moms group sched is a little busy right now, so..thanks! :)

Lindy said...

So sorry to hear things are tough with your husband right now... hope things work out for you and that things start looking up!

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Thanks for the vote at the scrapbooking contest. It was good to come in here and read a little bit about you. Nice to meet ya!

Carrie said...

I see Kim found your site LOL
She a great friend, actually the one who got me started with blogging and I had to leave her behind when I moved...we still keep in touch :0)

COME OVER TO MY SITE...NO NOT A MEME...
I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU:0)