Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bunk Bed For The Boys




So about three weeks ago, we purchased a bunk bed for our boys. We went to about 3 furniture stores, and the last one we went to is where we found a nice deal. For the same price that we saw in other stores we went to, this one offered more unique features. It had shelves on the right side of the lower bed, then a little computer desk on another side--all attached to the whole bed. Even the little stairs for the upper bed works like little shelves, which will work well for us at the moment as we won't be using the upper bed right away. Our younger boy is still seven months old and will still be in his crib for a while while his big brother will sleep in the lower bed for at least a few years. Plus, it looked real sturdy and you can tell it had good, quality craftmanship.

Anyways, at first I wasn't too impressed about this bed at the store. Mostly because it has a lot of light pink color trim all over. It's really meant to be for a girl's bedroom. But my hubby insisted he could paint another color over the pink with something 'boy' color like blue or red. So I was like, "Hmm..knowing how busy he is, and a little lazy sometimes..I don't know.". So I said, no we won't buy it. Eventually though, with a lot of convincing from him I finally gave in. Mainly because it was on sale, and the added features were a big plus. Most of the other bunk beds we saw didn't have ay of the shelvings or computer desk attached to them.

So when it was delivered to our house about 3 days after we bought it, I saw how nice it fit in to the boys' bedroom. So this past weekend, my hubby primed the pink and this coming weekend he will then paint a darker blue over it, to match the other colors that are in it already--light green, light blue, and light yellow. I'm posting a few pictures of the bed here. The lower bed was taken out of the 'middle hole', for easier priming/painting.

All in all, even though it is unfinished right now, I think that we are happy about this purchase. :)

8 Comments:

Carrie said...

I love those bunk beds :0)

I am tagging you with a shopping tip meme.
come on over for the rules

happy posting :0)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love that bed!!! Where did you get it? I have a plain pine bunk bed in my sons room, but I would love something like this.

Brandi said...

I LOVE it! Great bed. Where did you get it? We need to get new ones. . .I think! Still not sure how our new little one will do and if our 3 1/2 year old is ready for the "top bed" (as he calls it).

I can't wait to see pics once it's done!

Brandi

Lindy said...

Oh, those are CUTE! Great choice!

Unknown said...

Hey ladies,
Sorry just got back from an out of town trip. Thanks for all your nice comments.
We got our furniture from Stacey's Furniture where we live. I don't know if the company is just US-based, not sure if they're in Canada also (as I know where some of you live). But yes, we love this furniture store here in Dallas--lots of cool finds! :)

charles and april said...

Very Nice!! I love 'em :D

Shirley Twofeathers said...

What a cool set of bunk beds! I love the colors you used!

Carrie said...

My husband was googling last night looking for some Flat Stanley pictures for our little story and he came across some really neat bunk beds so I came to the computer to take a look. Well wasn't it the ones in your post...
Great idea. Love the beds...now I know what you meant by the pink :0)