Sunday, November 4, 2007

What This Weekend Is Like...

Since this was the first weekend of my new life as a working mom, the house was in total disaster, ugh! Yesterday, Saturday was all about the laundry, cleaning the kitchen and the main bedroom. Of course those were not even completely done yet. In the middle of doing all of those things, comes the 'mommy guilt' feelings of not being able to spend quality time with my kids when now there are only two full days in the week that I get to enjoy them. So when that pang of 'shame on you!' guilt feelings hit, I stop whatever I'm doing, play with my kids or just plain hang out with them.

I had planned to being at my mom friend Cathy's house part of today as part of our moms group weekend events. I had to email her Friday night to tell her it's just too impossible to come, with the gazillion of chores I had to do around the house. Just too impossible.

So that was what Saturday looked like for me. Now it's almost Sunday (11:46PM, Saturday). And yes I know I'm making an entry into my blog..checking emails...checking my moms group website..checking my paid blogging accounts...looking at PPP opps...(sigh)...maybe go to sleep in a lil bit. Hmmm...sorry I'm just rambling.

So how's the weekend looking like for you?

3 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I spent most of my weekend lying on the couch. I'm feeling much better though. I did some Christmas decorating today, but it's far from done. Hope you have a great week!

Carrie said...

Well this weekend I survived tropical storm "noel", our trampoline blew over the fence into the neighbors yard, no damage thank G*d!
Christmas decorating for me as well today, it should take me a few more weeks until I am finished,
Now I'm looking at going to bed early,
have a great week
cs

Brandi said...

Oh, I want to start decorating!!! I'm so ready! Especially now that we have weather that dipped below 80! I know what you're thinking, "how can you survive those crazy cold temps?"!! Alas, it is tradition to wait until the day after thanksgiving!

Our weekend was a lot of laying around! Too tired after Fall Festival to do much of anything! Sorry you didn't get lots of fun in, but I do hope you rested!

Brandi