Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Filipino Did It Again! Yayyyyy!!! :)



I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of American Idol. My eyes and ears are glued to the tv screen whenever the show comes on. I love singing. Perhaps, it is one of the few regrets in my life is why I didn't become a professional singer. LOL, just kidding.

Some of you may not know that I'm 100% Filipino (although I'm already an American citizen). So everytime a Filipino talent gets recognized here in America, I am going to talk about it. Anways, on Season 3, Jasmine Trias, a Filipino-American from Hawaii made it to the Top 3. Now another Fil-Am talent named Ramiele Malubay, featured here in this video, made it to the Top 24! Yayyy!! I was very excited to see another Filipino talent on board American Idol this season. Not that I would promote her just because she's Filipino but man, she has real talent! Even the over-critical Simon Cowell raved about her performance last night. So watch for her...she might be the next American Idol, so please vote for her! :)

I was also surprised to know she's from Miramar, Florida-- which is a neighbor little city/town next to where we live before in Davie, Florida. :)

Here's a short bio on Ramiele Malubay:

Age: 20
Hometown: Miramar, FL
Favorite Quote: "If you're hated, you're doing something right."
Audition City: Miami
Musical Influences: My musical influences would be Aretha Franklin, Jackson 5, Mariah Carey, Lani Misalocha, and Regine Velasquez. (The last two song artists she mentioned are both world-famous Filipino talents as well).

3 Comments:

jan celiz-magtoto said...

love her confidence & humility. i hope she makes it!=)

Carrie said...

I love American idol. It doesn't matter to me who wins as long as it is well deserved. They are all so talented and with many more weeks to go we will see who gets to stick around.

I will have to keep a closer eye on your girl

Happy Friday
carrie~

jennyr said...

yeah, i'm so proud of her! sana tuloy2 na xa sa finals! I'm wishing her the best! btw, i got u tagged Hobbies and Such...