Thursday, March 20, 2008

Crazy Trip to L.A.

Back in early 2004, I had to make an emergency trip to my home country (Philippines) due to a death in the family. It was really an 'emergency' and so I was of course, unprepared for it. At that time, I was still holding my Philippine visa (not US visa, as I wasn't a US citizen yet). Well, to make the story short, I found out my Philippine visa was expired so naturally I can't make a trip outside of the US. I learned that the visa consulate in Los Angeles, California has an emergency/urgent visa process where you can apply and get it the same day. So off I flew to Los Angeles with my husband and the same day we arrived, we went directly to the visa consulate office to apply for an urgent extension on my Philippine visa. Wow, I can remember that day. My husband and I were so exhausted- me from the grief of losing my loved one, the flight, then the stress of trying to get to the office and filling out the paper work wondering if I'm ever going to get it that day and eventually get a flight ticket to the Philippines so I can make it there soon. Luckily, everything went smoothly and we were able to get the cvisa ad yes, the flight ticket to the Philippines too, after a few days.

Funny, a few months before that incident/trip, I was looking at some information online about things to do in Los Angeles, because my husband and I were planning to go on a leisure vacation then. Little did I know we were going there on a sad note. Oh well...

On a happier note though, if you're looking for family vacation ideas, perhaps planning to visit a nice California city like Los Angeles or San Diego, check out Trusted Tours & Attractions. They provide tours to different attractions to any destination city of your choice. So if you want to see a San Diego zoo for example, they can arrange to take you there as well. Sign up for their enewsletter and you're also entered to win an IPOD Nano!

0 Comments: