Sunday, May 11, 2008

How Was Mother's Day For You?

Mine went nice. This morning, my husband treated me (well, us) to a McGriddle's sandwich from McDonald's for breakfast. No, we didn't go to McDonald's. He went out and brought breakfast home for me, himself and our toddler. I told him to also stop by the store to get some milk for the boys and while he was at the store, he got me a small bouquet of flowers too.


Later in the afternoon, him and I were talking about crabs so we decided to go to Joe's Crab Shack instead of trying a new place like we planned earlier, for my MD dinner treat. We each had the East Coast plate, which consisted of crab-stuffed shrimp, Maryland crabcakes, fish and french fries with two dips. Then I had a mango-peach smoothie for a drink. He had a titanic tea. We sat outside where we could be close to the indoor little play area where our toddler can play. He had a blast playing with the other kids. Our little Jaden was sleeping in his stroller when we got there but woke up when we were almost leaving the restaurant.

When we got home, we all laid in bed and watched Desperate Housewives together. Overall, it was a wonderful Mother's Day for me. How about yours? Please share.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

That was very nice Jo.

We had Mother's Day on Saturday (I got two cards from Aviia and Rick and a box of new earrings) since Rick was working yesterday. Aviia and I was working on my garden all afternoon yesterday. Called my Mom too back home and my Grandma.

Vanessa said...

I love Joe's Crab Shack! My MD was great... started off with a sweet "HMD, Mommy!" from the little one and ended with 2 bbq's (celebrated MD for both sides of our families). Fiancee bought me P.S. I Love You for me, knowing how badly I wanted that movie. I can't complain, it went well. And I'm sure you'll agree that the best part is spending that day with those little creations that made us mommies. :) Glad yours went well. :)

Liz said...

mango peach smoothie sounds good! it's nice to know that you had a a great MD dinner.

thanks for linking me here, i added you at

http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com
http://liz.mommyslittlecorner.com

see you around :)