Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Maja Blanca


Yesterday was a non-working holiday here in the Philippines, so I invited my sister in-law with her family to come over our family's house to help me make Maja Blanca, a famous Filipino dessert/snack made with cornstarch, sugar, and coconut milk. It turned out really yummy and everyone enjoyed it. :)

Here's a recipe for this very easy to make Filipino dessert!

Maja Blanca (Coconut Cake)


1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 cups coconut milk
3 cups grated coconut

Mix cornstarch and sugar in a bowl. Add water and stir. In a saucepan, bring coconut milk to a boil and gradually stir in cornstarch mixture. Boil for 5 minutes, until the starch is cooked. Pour into a buttered cake pan (or any bowl with smooth sides) and let cool. Spread coconut on a baking sheet and toast at 350F until brown. Sprinkle cake with toasted grated coconut and serve.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I miss maja blanca! I should make some when I get home, lol. THanks for reminding me on this. Sure is DELICIOUS!!!