Thursday, September 18, 2008

In For Drug Rehab

Yesterday, I met with some friends for lunch and talked about high school classmates-where they are now and what they're up to. There were happy notes and sad notes as well. There were several classmates we know who are now successful career men and women, local politicians, and big-time business owners.

The saddest story I've heard was one of our classmates- known to be a comic in class-died from heart attack right after delivering her third baby earlier last year. It brought tears in my eyes. I felt bad for the baby, most of all.

Then another girl classmate has been in out of drug rehab for several years now. There were even talks of her being already suicidal. Wow, I couldn't believe it. She used to be real pretty and popular in school. But she wasted a good future because she went with the wrong crowd and got hooked on drugs. I just hope she will find real help with the new drug rehabilitation center she recently got in to, or she will really be wasted away. So sad, isn't it?

3 Comments:

jenny said...

sorry to here that but well you as well as i know there is help out there but olny if you want it . and well some times some never find the way and well lets hope after rehab your friend finds her way in to after care pogram like aa or na some make think that well them 2 pograms dont work but thay realy do .

Sandra Carvalho said...

ohhhh!That's so sad...I even felt like crying too...Sometimes life ain't just an easy ride...right?...
xoxo

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's horrible. I'm sorry about your friends.