Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cooking and Baking

Do you ever wish you have more time to develop your skills, start new hobbies, or improve on your exisiting ones? I know I do.

Lately, I've been wanting to learn to bake and improve on my cooking skills. So I've been reading up on cooking mags, checking out recipe books for new recipes I can try. It's not that I've never baked goodies in my life. In fact I used to enjoy baking a lot before the kids arrived the scene. But lately I haven't been baking at all. If I want baked goodies- I just run to my fave bakery store. But now I want to start baking from scratch again.

I know Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are coming up soon. I've been wanting to make or bake delish Christmas fruit cakes and also have been looking around for good egg nog recipes. I'm also trying to learn new sides to make with the turkey. Hmm, wishful thinking. But I am determined so hopefully...

4 Comments:

joeyandaleethea said...

oh yum, awesome photo. Thanks for the link - those egg nog recipes are definitely on my to do list now!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love egg nog, but I've never made it myself.

Unknown said...

Hmm, that looks so good. Hubby likes egg nog. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I do wish I had more time too. Sometimes 24 hrs is just not enough huh?!

I've been into baking recently and loving it but with my blogging addiction, It's difficult to do give both equal devotion.