Saturday, November 29, 2008

How Was Thanksgiving?

Hello dear friends,

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Mine was great. You know why? Two great things happened to me this week. First, I got offered a job at one of the leading health insurance company in the U.S. I won't mention the name- but I am very, very thankful for it! And I am very excited to go back into the work force again. People who know me know I haven't really worked for a long time- 3.5 years to be exact.

So I've been trying to get a full-time job outside from home since September when I came back from my three month vacation in the Philippines. Whew! For a while I was starting to get really frustrated. Jobs in Virginia are not in plenty and when I almost got a job that I liked in downtown Washington D.C., I missed the opportunity for a second interview because I didn't have enough time to look for someone to look after my boys. Isn't that sad? I mean, some days it is tough when you don't have family or friends near by to help yu out in times like those.

Anyways, the new job I was offered was something I have been doing for five years so no big deal doing it. And then the salary and benefits are amazing. So please wish me luck on this new job, dear friends.

Oh well, the second great thing that happened to me this week- I did my first Black Friday sale shopping yesterday. Yes, my first ever! The crowd wasn't really bad at my favorite store and I was glad I was able to find some nice deals on new clothes I can wear at the new job and winter clothes for the boys. I even got me two new winter shoes and I love them!

There goes my Thanksgiving holiday so far. Today I think we're going to do some sight-seeing in Washington D.C. and neighboring cities/towns. I look forward to a wonderful weekend with my family.

Share your own Thanksgiving or most recent accomplishment by leaving your comment. Thanks and you all have a great weekend! :D

2 Comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday. Our was okay too and my shopping experience this year was quite unique. I posted about it already because I wanted to remember it while it was still fresh in my mind.

Have a great time sight seeing.

Sandra Carvalho said...

Congrats on your new job girl!
I've stopped working 3 years ago too and I'm miss being out to work (not my old job!).
I've applied for the green card visa lottery once again.I hope this time I'm lucky.Keep your fingers crossed for me.
xoxo