Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How was your holiday?

The holiday with the family was nice. I didn't cook a lot since it's just Joe, me, and the kids. No guests or anything.

On Christmas morning, we try and make it a tradition to gather around the Christmas tree (although we didn't put up our Christmas tree this year) to unwrap gifts and take pictures of the kids. I managed to save money buying toys this year since I get a lot of free toys for my work on Hip Mama's Place. I saved up some of the ones I randomly get in the mail, wrapped them up for Christmas and voila! I had some really nice toys for my boys' presents and I didn't have to buy them. ;D

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took on Christmas Day- some at our house and a few at my friend's house. My boys are growing big and strong, aren't they? Something I'm very grateful and thankful to God about. ;D










For Joe, I got him something nice to wear for work. I would have bought him a couple of those trendy-looking silk ties that I saw on a men's fashion mag recently, but I never got the chance to order them online. Oh well..maybe next time.

For myself, my 'special friend' got me just what I've been dying to get for myself: a Garmin GPS tracking system for my car. Awesome, huh? Since I am really, really bad with directions, he gave this to me for my Christmas present. I gave him a big hug and a kiss for this. ;D ... I love it! Now I don't have to go to freakin' Mapquest all the time, write down my directions (since our printer is broken), and glance at my sorry scribbly notepad with my directions while I'm driving somewhere new. Gosh, I know it sounds pathetic but you should know I don't really drive long distances and I am a still a scaredy cat driving in state highways and such, even after nine years of driving, LOL. I could literally picture myself getting hit by somebody and vice versa glancing at my directions while I'm driving. Ugh! So I am glad I finally got my GPS tracking system. It's absolutely heaven sent! :D

Anyway, how was you all's holiday? Any special event or some really wonderful gift you received that you are truly thankful for? I would love for you to share it in your comments. :D

1 Comment:

Sandra Carvalho said...

Yay!So many presents!
And the kids look thrilled with all that!!!!
Great pics girl!
Oh and I have to say that I love your boys jackets!!!
Good for you that you had a great time! :)
xoxoxoxo