Sunday, January 4, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

The weekend after Christmas Day was great. Joe and I took our boys for a little weekend getaway to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, Virginia. It's a very popular water park hotel in this part of town so we were quite excited to check it out for the first time. I was actually a little skeptic when Joe told me weeks before that we're taking the kids to this water park/lodge. First off, the boys just got off the flu and are still recovering from it. So I was very worried they might get sick again. But Joe reassured me that the big pool at the water park is indoor and the water will be warm and heated.



So anyway, once we got there it was actually fun. We all had fun, especially the boys. Our expensive room ($400 a night) was very clean, spacious, and very modern. We had a king-size, luxuriously-made bed and the bath tub and shower is huge. I even noticed the sinks and shower had those fancy-looking Kohler faucets. I loved staying in our room! It felt like we really got the value of our money.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures while we were at the big, fun water park. But before we left Sunday afternoon, we took some inside the hotel's lobby. We had such a great time at the Great Wolf Lodge that we're going to come back there in the summer.

4 Comments:

Sandra Carvalho said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Love the pics girl! ;)
xoxo

Mom Knows Everything said...

Wow that room was expensive! It looks like you had fun! :o)

Petula said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm glad the boys are feeling better.

Tammigirl said...

We went to a different Great Wolf Lodge the day after Christmas. Isn't it a great idea? I wish I had found it when my kids were little, too.