Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Thing I Don't Have A Ferrari

I got you with that clever title, didn't I? LOL. :D

Well, about a few weeks ago I backed up on my friend's house mailbox so it broke one of my car's tail lights (ouch!). But anyway, I was stalling on getting a new tail light replacement until I got pulled over for speeding about three weeks after that incident. I was apparently doing 50mph on a 25mph limit. Ugh. Just my luck. Anyway, the cop who pulled me over was nice. You know why? He was our neighbor. I mean, I didn't know that he was until I gave him my driver's license and he told me that we are neighbors. He must have looked at my address when he said, "So you live in my neighborhood too. Well, guess what. Consider this a hookup. With your speeding and tail light broken, it would've cost you what.. around 600 bucks? You would rather spend that on other things, right? So since we're neighbors and I don't want to make enemies with my neighbors, I'll let you go this one time. Just be careful next time. You cannot drive like that here, okay?". And that was it. I was a little dumbfounded. I thanked him. Profusely if he would have let me. But he's one of those guys who talk so fast and moves so quick. So before I could even finish saying "thank you, Officer!", he was lightning fast gone, LOL.

Anyway, the reason why I said "good thing I don't have a Ferrari", because my tail light cost me only a $120 to replace it. Imagine if I had a Ferrari. I would have to search all over the internet and the car dealerships for affordable Ferrari parts like a broken tail light and it would probably cost me five times or more that amount! So on that note, I'm happy I have a Nissan Xterra and not a Ferrari. ;D

5 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I just spent over $600 on getting new parts put on my car and now my windshield has a crack in it. :o(

I Am Boymom said...

Dang! How come I don't ever get pulled over by cops like that!? Actually, I haven't been pulled over in years. Watch...next week I'll see lights in my rearview mirror. Cars are such a money suck, aren't they?

I Am Boymom said...

Oh yeah! Thanks for stoppin' by the blog!

Unknown said...

Hey Tammy, thanks for making me feel better about my car damage, haha! just kidding. :)

I Am Boymom, I believe you will be a great writer. You are very creative and humorous. I will surely be visiting your blog more often now. :)

Vanessa said...

Hey Jocelyn! What a sweet neighbor!

Just wanted to let you know I have changed my blog url and title. Now the url is mommartinez.blogspot.com and the title is The Martinez Family.

Send me your e-mail so I can add you to my invited members... I had to make my blog private b/c of a stalker. lol