Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Thrifty

I admit, I'm not the thriftiest person. When I want something, I work hard to get it. When I know I have extra money to spend, I spend it. I am not very good at saving money. Now, is that a confession or what? ;)

But since I became a single mother, every cent now counts. So yeah, I became more thrifty and I now use more coupons when I buy things. And yes, I have always been the sale shopper. I don't pay regular prices on most things, except for food and groceries of course. But my local grocery store always offer coupons for free stuff and if I use my store card, I get discounts too so it's good.

Anyway, I am checking out my local newspaper for more coupons today. How about you? Do you use coupons to save money?

3 Comments:

Sherri said...

I LOVE coupons! And I mean LOVE. I think I might border on obsessive with seeing how little I can pay for things. It is too fun:)

readingsully2 said...

I have nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'. If you would like to accept it, please come to my blog to accept. :)

Unknown said...

I can't stay away with sales too! Specially when I coupons but then I end spending more thinking I'm saving something when I'm not. You know my addiction these days... yarn, like I don't have enough :(