Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm Walking Again!


*Photo: Central Park, Lewisville TX where we went today*

Yea, don't get that wrong. I always walk, I have good posture and I don't have a temporary disability to prevent me from walking again. ;)

What I meant is, I'm using walking again as part of my exercise goals. I've been really lazy about exercising lately. But I need to get motivated. Sorting through my not-so-old tiny blouses and skinny pants in my closet the other day, it made me think of the days when I don't have to think too much about what to wear. I can fit into just about anything size 0 to size 2! Gosh, now I am in between size 4 and 6! :(

And last night, I was reading some weight loss articles online just to get me motivated, and this one article about Buddha bellies really hit a note and so I told myself, "Okay, Jocelyn. You need to start making changes about your eating and exercise habits. You know, just start somewhere". Okay, I was scolding myself, lol.

So okay today, my little boys and I woke up early. I was determined to go to the park and walk with the boys (pushing them both in their double stroller). I followed the walking trail and rounded it twice. I probably did about 2 miles total. Well, it turned out- it wasn't bad at all. I'm a bit sore in my calves area right now, but I feel good. I even saw a few mommies pushing strollers like I was. Some of them even look like they needed to do more work than I do. You know what I mean, lol.

So this month of October, one of my personal goals is go to the park and walk at least 2 miles, at least 3 times a week then maybe gradually increase the miles. Hmm, I know I'm a little ambitious at this time to think I can do this. I must admit, part of my issue is getting ready in the morning and packing for the boys. I don't think I have a lot of energy to do that. But then again, I have to remind myself that the rewards of exercising is really worth all the effort and will make me feel and look better in the long run. Besides, I am helping my kids avoid "Nature Deficit Disorder", a syndrome suffered by kids today being coped up indoors, too much TV and computer games, and not having enough exposure to greenery and nature. (Have you all read the book by Richard Louv: "Last Child In The Woods"? He's the guy who coined this term). My kids love being outdoors and 'sightseeing' while mommy is pushing them in their stroller. My toddler always loves the swing and the playground at any park we go to, and today was no different. :)

So anyways, to you out there who needs a little work with your weight like I do, let's try and motivate each other. Hopefully before the end of the year, I can at least lose one dress size. Hmmm...we'll see...

5 Comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

You fit in a 4-6!!! There is no way I am going to tell you my size, let's just say it's BIGGER than that :o(

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy, you're probably taller than I am. I am not even 5 feet tall so the 25 lbs or so I've gained since I had my two babies doesn't look good on me being short, lol...I Gotta Lose It!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,
Good points you made here. Thanks!

Carrie said...

I love walking and since the kids have been back in school I get in a good walk besides walking them to school at least a few times a week. I really enjoy this time with my son as we talk the whole time. And the hardest thing about doing all this walking is that I'm not losing any weight...what's up with that. I am starting my weight loss challenge today to see if I can loose 10 pounds by Christmas!

bcmomtoo said...

I bet not too many people are going to feel bad for you that you have to wear a 4-6 now!

Seriously, you know what size and weight your body needs to be, and it's good that you are working to get into shape. And yes, it is very good for the kids to get outside!