Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our July 4th Holiday Weekend

Hello, my dear blogging friends!

This week has just been again, super busy for me. But I'm managing okay and I've actually been feeling more energized than before. Maybe because I had a great July 4th holiday weekend. ;)







So on July 4th, Dan and I stayed at the St Regis Hotel Washington, D.C. just two blocks from the White House and stayed there for the night. The hotel was one of those elegant, old-world style hotel. Their room rates start at $400 a night and we stayed on the deluxe one that's like $800 per night. But guess what, we didn't pay for it. Why? Dan gets these free hotel perks from one of his business reward cards. Whew, we certainly don't have $800 to spend on a luxury hotel, so it works great for us all the time! :)

Anyway, we've been wanting to do this for a while so I have a chance to tour Washington D.C. without rushing to go home and fight the traffic. As you know, D.C. is only about an hour away from where we live in Woodbridge, Virginia. But the traffic is quite horrible getting home, especially on holidays. And since we were both "kid-free" for the weekend, what perfect timing to go to D.C. than on the July 4th holiday weekend! ;)

Anyway, all day on July 4th my honey and I just roamed around Washington D.C. We took a lot of photos of the White House and other historical buildings, monuments and statues (a few photos shown here). We both enjoyed our little weekend getaway and we even had a perfect spot to watch the fireworks in between the Washingtton Monument and the Lincoln Memorial- two of the most popular spots in D.C. :)

How did your 4th go? Please share! :)

4 Comments:

readingsully2 said...

No greater place to be for the 4th. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Nice photos too.

Creative Minds said...

looks like you had fun!

I am dying to go back to DC again. My hubby has never been so we need to plan a trip there. lol

Sandra Carvalho said...

Woo Hoo!!!!I'm seein' some hot gal there! ;)
Sounds like you guys had a blast!
I can't wait to celebrate my very first 4th of July!...
xoxoxo

Maria Berg said...

Where are you from, are you born in USA, MB?